search Domestic Dharma

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

living food =D

On Raw Food Rehab I watched this cute video of Rawdawg Rory making his Sunflower Ranch dressing and knew I wanted to give it a try.  I was not a big fan of ranch in my 'previous eating life', but I know that my husband enjoys foods that remind him of times before his wife took over the kitchen ;) so I made raw ranch for him.

I've enjoyed dipping fresh green beans and red peppers in it.  It traveled well to my weekend workshop at school.

Photobucket

We've also had salads with these beautiful greens from the farmer's market.  It's baby kale and purple mustard greens.  I am searching my brain for the name of the farm...geez....

Photobucket

Photobucket

I asked hubby if he liked the ranch and he says not sure I can taste much over these bitter greens ;) and we laughed! They were bitter, but so good, both our salads bowls were emptied =) 

This weekend we had family over to celebrate a birthday, I made a raw cobbler from Sweet Gratitude's Fruit Cobbler recipe. 

mixing up the walnut date crust

Photobucket

Photobucket

I used a combination of local snow and red delicious antique apples, blueberries that I picked, and organic raspberries. 

Photobucket

with the topping crumble on

Photobucket

all done and ready to eat.  It was delish and nourishing, live desserts really are the best!

Photobucket

I made a cute design on the top ;)

Photobucket

I recently saw a different salt for my neti pot at the co-op and LOVE love love it.  It seems so gentle and soothing compared to the previous one I had.  This one is from Baraka.  They also make beautiful pots, kind of wish I would have seen these before I bought mine...may have to upgrade sometime.  (who wants a used neti pot?  ;)  Hey, why not they can be sanitized in the dishwasher!  Baraka's pots are made in the US too. 

Photobucket

the benefits of using the natural sea salt

Photobucket

I have been loving the neti since the day I tried it, I think it works wonders and has become a staple part of my morning routine.  If you're just starting out it gets to be second nature how to tip, pour, etc. in no time.  Do you all neti?  What's your favorite pot and salt?  Have you ever used any of the infused sea salts?

thought of the day:

 

“Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity.”  ~Buddha

3 comments:

  1. Cafe Gratitude's cobbler is so good! It's probably the simplest thing in their book as far as desserts go.

    Maybe freecycle with the neti pot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The salt sounds good... will love to try it out. I'll stick with my stainless steel neti pot for now. It holds so much more water which helps in a fuller flush. Neti rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy eats! I have a ceramic neti pot and love it. I have yet to use it this season and have not tried the mineral salts. Does it sting more than the regular salt?

    ReplyDelete