search Domestic Dharma

Monday, September 27, 2010

One Day and my first hoop!

The current issue of MaryJane's Farm came with an article on growing garlic.  This topic was on my mental list of things to research.  I had thought it was getting about time to put it in before the winter, but didn't know for sure.  She says that she starts hers in the beginning of September/early fall.  That's about the time the mag arrived, so we broke up some Tantre Farm garlic and planted them in the garden.  We're looking forward to homegrown garlic and scapes if all goes well ;) 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This next topic is not necessarily going to fall under a green umbrella, aside from the fact that we were using found material in our shed (that was there when we purchased the house).  It will fall under the enjoying life part though!  I've been wanting to get into hooping/hoop dance for a while.  I've been inspired by The Happy Hoop to start and to make my own hoop.  Dave was game and made me two actually with the hosing and connectors that we had.  This is the link we used to know what to do.

measuring

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We found colored gaffers tape at Dick Blick's and a roll of yellow electrical tape at Home Depot.  I've only taped one so far and need to start practicing! 

Photobucket

Photobucket

my first hoop ;)

Photobucket

I've still been getting lots of tomatoes from the garden and have been enjoying fresh pico, yum!

Photobucket

with Ani Phyo's Cashew Sour Kream and Chives.  I've been using our frozen chives from this spring, turns out freezing chives like that works great! 

Photobucket

That pretty leaf in the background is some Petrified Nature made by my talented cousin from a rhubarb leaf!  We were given it as an anniversary gift and love it, it goes really well in our home.  Right now it's holding some beautiful winter squash.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Watch these awesome girls rock the hoop in this video!  You can read the blogpost it came from here.


Sara's Hooping Lesson from Sara Janssen on Vimeo.


I really dig the song!

1 comment:

  1. Cool hoop! What a fun way to get your body to move.

    Love the leaf plate too. I used to do ceramics...miss it.

    ReplyDelete