search Domestic Dharma

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Peachy Green Smoothie

I hope everyone had an enjoyable long weekend and Labor Day.  I know I enjoyed having my husband home an extra day!  While I shopped the farmer's market on Saturday Dave picked up a load of compost for us to top dress our trees with, we got that done yesterday as well as filled a bed for our cucumbers, beans, and squash for next year, and cleaned the shed out.  We also had fun at a family BD party, enjoyed walks around our neighborhood, took a nice bike ride to the apple orchard.  They were not open yet, just as well, I didn't really need a donut anyway;)  Those cider mill donuts are one of my weaknesses. 

I thought I'd share with you the green smoothie I've been loving lately. 

Peachy Green Smoothie

10 oz. filtered water
1 banana (frozen or fresh)
1 peach, pitted
2 T hemp seeds
two big handfuls of greens (I've been rotating spinach and curly kale)
a small splash of almond extract
generous dashes of cinnamon to your taste

blend away!  I have been blending my greens with water first, then adding the rest to finish blending, makes it nice and smooth.  This makes enough for a big jar for me, not sure the ounces.

Photobucket

last week I was craving one of my favorite recipes from The Yoga CookbookThe Tofu, Pasta, and Olives from the protein prana section.  Driving in the car on the way home I was trying to think of something quick and filling, swung into the store to grab a couple of items, but I didn't remember the olive part ;)  It is still delicious!  It's one of those recipes that are just way more delicious than the sum of it's parts somehow.  Here's the cookbook, it was a gift from my 30th BD =)  thanks Mom and Dad.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I used Tinkyada's organic brown rice noodles.  I toppped mine with diced toms from the garden and Parma!, and topped Dave's with Parma! and minced fresh red onion.  So good!

Photobucket

I'm off to get ready for my second day of school, I'll leave you with these pics of cutie pie Maggs.  Can you see her?

Photobucket

There she is, napping on the entire scratch pad, loves her catnip ;)

Photobucket

Have a great day, thanks for stopping by =)

2 comments:

  1. finally a green smoothie recipe that actually looks yummy!
    i KNOW i should be doing the green smoothie thing but i just never seem to find one that works for me.

    ill DEFINITELY be giving this one a spin :)

    ReplyDelete