search Domestic Dharma

Monday, February 22, 2010

rooibos tea late...mmm

I tried to recreate the vanilla rooibos tea late that I like from Starbucks.  (you can read some benefits of red tea here.)  When I do order it, I get soy milk and ask for it without the syrup which makes it wicked sweet, tasty no doubt, but sugary.  At home I brewed a small strong amount of rooibos tea, heated some unsweetened almond milk with vanilla extract and 1/16th tsp of green leaf stevia.  It was good, not as creamy as soy milk, it was warm and yummy, and in my opinion a bit healthier than the cup from the store.

Photobucket

the ingredients

Photobucket

When I get to Costco I'll usually pick up a bag of avocados if we don't have a stash at home.  A few of them usually turn into a batch of guacamole.  This batch were 3 big guys, bunch of chopped cilantro, lime juice, finely chopped red onion, ground red pepper flakes, chili powder, cumin, and a bit of salt, yum.

Photobucket

I've posted before about our reuseable bulk bags, these are our snack bags from Plum Creek Mercantile

Photobucket

Photobucket

I took this one in my pocket for a walk recently with a square of dark mint chocolate.  I didn't however need the snack, exercise in the sun is even better than chocolate, yes I said it !  I use these most for keeping a piece of fruit clean on the go, and packing cookies, or nuts in Dave's lunch.  You just turn them inside out and secure the velcro when it's time to wash.  We wash and dry them with the kitchen towels. 

Photobucket

I was however thinking chocolate sounded good a few nights ago.  I had been wanting to make Gena's Chocolate Chia Seed PuddingI had some macadamias in the fridge to make the chocolate milk with.  I went by the recipe but did not add any stevia.  Here it is mixed up in the Vita-Mix.

Photobucket

chias getting stirred in

Photobucket

the pudding, I ate it plain chocolate, but plan to stir in some mint tonight for dessert.  I love mint chocolate!

Photobucket

a recent dinner were big salads, Bubbie's pickle, bit of guacamole, and Mellow Millet-Quinoa Pilaf from Vive le Vegan!

Photobucket

the dressing was one of my favorites Lemon Zinger Vinaigrette from the same book.  I didn't have any apple juice, so I just swapped water for it and flax oil for the hemp.

Photobucket 

lunch of leftovers with red pepper and zucchini dippers.  The pilaf is great drizzled with extra lemony dressing. 

Photobucket

what post would be complete without a bowl of oats and a green smoothie ;) A delicious bowl of apple, date, walnut, cinnamon oats with maca.

Photobucket

fresh mango, frozen cherries, water, 2 dates, and kale

Photobucket

green smoothie goodness with a Glass Dharma straw!

Photobucket

We have 7 inches so far today and it's still snowing =)  I think I'll be outside in the coveralls later ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment