search Domestic Dharma

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

dark chocolate vegan peanut butter cups!

So I've been wanting to make these since seeing them on Averie's blog LoveVeggies and Yoga, click on that link to find yourself to the recipe for these bad boys, and last night was the night.

Found this dark chocolate bar for the chocolate.

Photobucket

tempering

Photobucket

the yummy PB filling going in

Photobucket

after they got all firmed up in the fridge

Photobucket

I topped ours with some extra goodies, hemp seeds, shredded coconut, and raw cacao nibs.

Photobucket

this was a yummy, pretty guilt free snack for us to share for dessert while we were watching The Biggest Loser last night.

Photobucket

Photobucket

These are the cupcake liners I buy, but I'm thinking that these may work perfectly. There'd be less waste plus I can make them in a smaller bite size.  Anyone aware of any negative aspects of silicone for using with foods? 

Photobucket

Thanks Averie, these are great!  Now if I can just find that sweet white chocolate bar you had!

2 comments:

  1. Oh great work on the PB Cups and thanks for the link back and for telling me you made them! YUM!!!!!! Ironic that you were watching TBL while eating them haha!
    White choc is mail order, OR make your own w/ cocoa butter. I linked it in the recent post to bittersweetblog.
    Silicone liners...not aware of any negatives but then again, I havent researched it tons but I remember that discussion floating around in online holistic communities I am in and i think the consensus was that they're "fine". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Averie, it's funny I don't even enjoy white chocolate, but after seeing your white choc. PB cups I wanted to eat them =) Thanks also for the info on silicone.

    ReplyDelete