search Domestic Dharma

Thursday, February 11, 2010

recent eats

I enjoyed one of my favorite flavors of kombucha this week, Divine Grape. 

Photobucket

and of course some green smoothie!  unsweetened almond milk, banana, frozen strawberries, maca, dates and spinach along with a gorgeous Glass Dharma straw.

Photobucket

a yummy wrap in a collard leaf and a sprouted grain tortilla that we had left in the freezer (I'm trying to clean our freezer up of some space as we're planning to start ordering our nuts in bulk from the co-op).  What items do any of you buy in bulk?  Lots of fresh veggies and cheezy hemp nacho sauce that I made here.  I LOVE wraps, next is to try a collard and nori wrap with Ani Phyo's garden pate inside, I haven't used nori before at home!

Photobucket

chopped salad of spinach, romaine, cauliflower, red pepper, cucumber, celery, zucchini, red onion (the usual suspects :)  and some fresh raisins.  We had gotten this great deal on organic raisins at Costco a couple years ago, 2 giant bags, that we just finished.  Now I remember how soft fresher ones are ;) 

Photobucket

tossed with Sesame Miso Dressing from Get It Ripe.  Great dressing, I really like to change up dressings for our salads about once a week we'll make a new batch.  Get It Ripe has many options!

Photobucket

a warm Mushroom Quinoa Pilaf  from Get It Ripe as well.

Photobucket

and my wintertime favorite, what else? a big bowl of oats!  The Quick Apple Date Oats from The Kind Diet.  If you haven't checked out Alicia Silverstone's online community I encourage you too, click on that previous link to get there.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Quick Apple Date Oats with blueberries...nice!

    Kristen's recipe...what's holding me back other than using 1 precious cup of seeds LOL is that I am not into garlic or onions AT ALL. In fact, i hate them. Gena of choosing raw is the same, most people dont get this but i hate the overpowering ness of them. Anyway i was wondering based on the fact that you've made it, if you think I could omit those or would i really be messing with the overall success? i do want "nacho cheese" just not garlic n onions with it. Maybe more nooch to compensate?

    Glad you like the PB softserve idea :)

    ReplyDelete