search Domestic Dharma

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

my sun in a bottle

so far this is the most exciting thing to happen today =)  I got my hot little hands on this raw d3!  Do you all get your vitamin d levels tested?  I did and mine are insufficient.  I have been supplementing with a d2 for the winter ie. sick season/lack of sunshine here in the midwest, but it is obviously not as readily available/useable to the body as d3 is.  I was anxious to get this Vitamin Code d, I currently take their b12 and David takes the men's raw one.  I feel comfortable with the integrity of the product and the company (Garden of Life).  No one seemed to stock or be able to order this here in the Ypsi/A2 area, but I knew I had seen it in a brick and mortar store somewhere...  Mom figured it out that it was at Bassett's (they have good prices on supplements for any locals) in Toledo, so I made the lil trek, picked up some items stopped and hugged Mom and a little girly she was watching, and now am ready to get these d levels up! 

Photobucket

dessert last night was great so I have to share that first too.  It was banana softserve with PB (thanks Averie!) , vanilla, agave, and maca with carob chips. 

Photobucket

dinner last night was warm and comforting, I've been a little under the weather a few days over the past week or so :(  so big bowls of soup over brown rice was just the ticket.  The soup is from The Everyday Vegan Pureed Curried Squash and Yam Soup.  It makes a huge pot and was what was for lunch today too.

Photobucket

I've been getting some extra sleep, reading Judy Blume, and wearing my pjs with feet to make me feel better ;)  We received these to wear Christmas eve this year from Mom and Dad and they are so warm and cozy.  Anyone else rock the pjs with feet?  (as an adult)

Photobucket

some other meals during my blogging hiatus:

this super colorful salad of romaine, spinach (the recipe used watercress, but I couldn't find any organic so I used what greens we had), red pepper, shredded carrot, purple cabbage, a bunch of scallions and cilantro.

Photobucket

with warm tempeh croutons

Photobucket

with dressing of cilantro stems, ginger, shallots, curry paste, lime juice, cashews and flax oil.
(the recipe was from Delicious Living or one of the other free mags in the health food store, sorry I don't remember which one)

Photobucket

this is the curry paste we use, I don't know of an organic one???

Photobucket

also that night were some Miso Curry Roasted Potatoes from Vive le Vegan!.

Photobucket

with all the hoop-la and chocolate talk surrounding Valentine's day I've been having to make some sweet treats at home to keep from hitting up the local bakery for a paczki or Dunkin Donuts for that choc. donut they keep showing on the commercial ;)  Monica's Thumbprint Cookies were the winner again, and they won't give me that lovely sugar hangover headache =)

pretty clean ingredients

Photobucket

Photobucket

little shortbready-yumminess!

Photobucket

this weekend we had a 'use up your leftovers salad of romaine, spinach, shredded brocolli stems, cauliflower, red pepper, zucchini, celery, pumpkin seeds, and raisins with leftover Sesame Miso dressing from Get It Ripe.

Photobucket

also excited about picking up this book from Borders, hope to read through it real soon.

Photobucket

Everyone been watching the Olympics?  I am looking forward to watching the snowboarding tonight =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment