search Domestic Dharma

Monday, January 24, 2011

holy moly me oh my, juicin's the apple of my eye!

For our inaugural run with the new juicer we packed it up and headed to Mom and Dad's house to share in the fun.  My Dad had found a juicing recipe in Bon Appetit magazine that he had saved for us.  We gathered the ingredients and were ready to roll...

We love our juicer so much.

Photobucket

fruit and veggies

Photobucket

in action

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

super colorful pulp

Photobucket

and glorious juice!  so pretty.

Photobucket

Cheers to good health!  Our consensus was that it smelled delicious, like the garden on a summer day and it tasted unbelieveably great.  So much better than I had even imagined. 

The recipe we used was called Veggie Detox by Marc Grossman, you can find the recipe here.  It consisted of Bosc pear, ginger, carrots, celery, beet, parsley, lemon.  I used lots of parsley and a whole small lemon and it was great.  We shared this four ways, it was probably a great amount to get started on juicing. 

I am in love with the clean refreshing energy that fruit and vegatable juices create.  Do you juice?  What's your favorite combo?

In reference to my title of the post, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Home! 



Wishing you love and happiness today.xoxoDD

No comments:

Post a Comment