search Domestic Dharma

Sunday, January 2, 2011

birthday and NY cheesecakes

So we've been branching out from our standard raw strawberry cheesecake to a couple of new recipe flavors.  All the recipes have come from our Sweet Gratitude recipe book. 

Photobucket

My Momma's birthday was a few weeks ago and we made her a Mint-Chip Cheesecake.  The crust was made with almonds, raw cacao, and coconut, yummy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I couldn't find fresh organic mint that I wanted to buy (ok I did find an organic plant at WF, but it was a 'mint julip' type, I really wanted something more like spearmint) so to make the green color we used one scant teaspoon of spirulina and to make the mint flavoring we used 1 Tablespoon of organic mint flavor.

Photobucket

I think we did pretty well with our swirls.  I'm looking forward to swirling some more, it was fun. 

 Photobucket

We were lucky enough to get to share some with Mom and Dad on Christmas Eve, here's my piece.  It was delicious.

Photobucket

This morning we filled our first order with a lemon and wild blueberry cheesecake.  We only taste tested the batter, but kind of think this is our new favorite!  This crust is mostly almonds, some walnuts, and a little coconut (I liked the addition of coconut to the mint cacao crust).

Photobucket

We layered lemon batter (I used about 1/4 cup less almond milk in case the frozen blueberries brought much extra water with them) with organic wild blueberries.

Photobucket

and finished the top with more blueberries and shredded unsweetened coconut

Photobucket

Hoping this turned out great for our first customer! (my Momma ;)

So you don't think that we're living off cheesecake alone, this was my lunch today:
Romaine, broccoli, Bubbie's pickles, avocado, and dulse salad with dressing of ACV, olive oil, cumin, mustard powder, and S+P.

Photobucket

and this morning we started off with green smoothies:

Photobucket

green curly kale, spirulina, blueberries, banana, dates, pineapple juice, and a red navel orange

Photobucket

blended in the unwashed (from the cheesecake) Vitamix, yum.  A great way to start the day =)

Photobucket

Hoping your days are starting well in 2011!
We are again watching some football and waiting for the cats to try out their new beds...so far they still like to hang out with us on the couch and our bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment