search Domestic Dharma

Monday, January 17, 2011

blackberry pancakes

Last week was fun filled and you know when I get home late and we need quick nourishing eats I will often make green smoothies and pancakes ;)  ( I may blame a little of this on the ihop commercials from tv) I had picked up some frozen organic blackberries at WF so we had cinnamon blackberry pancakes and boy were they good!!!  We've been using this mix from Arrowhead Mills.  I am really thankful for this, seems many GF items include egg whites etc. and so often they forget to make it organic.  So anyway we dig this mix for our occassional pancake fix.  I actually was running out so I subbed in some spelt flour, yes I know this has gluten, I try to be gluten light if you will.  Spelt doesn't give me a stuffy nose the way wheat wheat does.  I will have a post in the near future on my adventures without gluten.  A sneakpeak is that I feel great without it.  So back to the flippin pancakes...while hubby was flippin the pancakes the Vitamix and I got to work on the green part of dinner.  I don't remember what was involved specifically, I mentioned I was hungry right?, but no doubt there were some greens, fruit, and spirulina dancing around in that blender. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

blackberry, cinnamon, banana, walnut pancakes>? yea buddy! 

Photobucket

So my Momma had surgery this week and I happily volunteered to be along for the adventure and the nursing afterwards.  A few days before I made a pot of split pea soup from The Yoga Cookbook and delivered to have easy meals ready.  I really heart this cookbook.  For anyone who isn't a fan of garlic and onions this book is really light on both if there are even any recipes with them at all.  Each recipe I've made has great flavor and seems gentle on digestion.  (the cookbook is vegetarian not vegan, but easy subs are made to exclude the dairy, etc., you all are pros at that anyhow!)  I have no soup photos, but a picture of my treasured blue Ball jar with the peas, it's prettier anyways.

Photobucket

and it's glass lid.  Yea, I was a little happy when I found this in the antique shop!, just a little.

Photobucket

The morning of surgery I made one of my favs, the Quick Noodles with Miso Lemon Tahini sauce to take along for the day with brown rice pasta and peas.

Photobucket

The rest of what I packed for the day included a green protein smoothie (which I drank on the drive, successfully not spilling in our new car, phew!), broccoli with ACV and olive oil, celery, Bubbies pickle, almonds, raisins, walnuts, and chocolate. 

Photobucket

I stashed these in my bag for a recovery treat for Mom.  Bitt recently got to tour the Theo factory in Seattle, you can see pics and read about it here.  I can just imagine the smells in there =)  I wonder if I hope hard enough that fig, fennel, and almond bar will show up in a local store? 

Photobucket

I may have helped her eat that Theo bar ;)

I returned home to find this on our doorstep!  After watching lots of youtube videos and researching we ordered an Omega VERT 330 juicer

Photobucket

Don't you just love finding packages?  Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Claus!

No comments:

Post a Comment