search Domestic Dharma

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year! xoxo

Well, I'm back from my unplanned blogging absence, whew!  I hope that all of you lovely readers have had a wonderful beginning to winter, holidays, and a happy New Year.  Things have gotten so busy here starting around Thanksgiving and I'm guilty of not making time to blog =(  Totally not complaining, it's all been great stuff...I've started working part time out of the house for the first time in about 4 years, that alone has been an adjustment for me ;)  It was crunch time for a deadline with school that kept my schedule really full (thank goodness for my planner so I can remember everything;)  Yes, if you're wondering I'm an old-fashioned paper planner girl, I don't have a smart phone;)  and yes I carry a full sized calendar around with me, I like the visual layout of seeing it all at once;)  ps if you haven't figured this out by now, I am probably not the coolest person you know.  We had a warm and yummy holiday that has been even greater that we've both had time off of school and work together, it doesn't get much better than this! (could I have done without a bout of the stomach flu?, oh sure, but I did survive.  Our little family is currently all cuddled on the couch, fireplace on, hubby watching the Rose Bowl =D  love it.

A couple of days before Christmas we made the big decision to get a new car.  We are now the proud drivers of a new Subaru and I'm butt crazy in love with it!  We've been driving two ten year old cars, so this is pretty freaking exciting, still getting used to it honestly.  What's even better is that Subaru is donating $250 for us to the ASPCA for their Share the Love event.  I believe we've all seen the commercial with Sarah McLachlan and I'm fairly certain cried along with it. 
I was reading Peas and Thank You this week and loved her writing on the occurance of her daughter being upset after seeing the same commercial.  She explained to her that there are things they do on a daily basis with animals and others in mind, share their lives with a lovely Pea Kitty, but most importantly they don't eat them.  I'm so happy to be a fellow plant-based dieter, and I really love reading that blog.

Since Thanksgiving we have been eating lots of yummy food, getting to know our dehydrator, and taking pictures of it all.  This post will be a bit of an anniversary for me, in ten days it will mark the 1 year anniversary of Domestic Dharma =)  Over this past year I have learned SO much, benefited from many recipes and ideas in the food blog world, developed online blogger friendships, and enjoyed sharing the things that I love with you beautiful readers, so THANK YOU all =) 

My very first post was about our date order last January so I guess it's a bit fitting to share with you our delivery this month of wickedly delicious barhis.

My excitement started when I saw this at the front door...

Photobucket

fresh from California

Photobucket

Photobucket

We order from The Date People.

Photobucket

They grow many varieties

Photobucket

and grow sustainably

Photobucket

Opening the box I found this

Photobucket

and these, ahhhhh =D  Maggie's excited too, love that face!

Photobucket

I immediately popped a couple and made a delicious treat with cucumbers, yum.

Photobucket

Another organic snack mix I've been enjoying are raw almonds, choc chips, raisins, raw pumpkins seeds, and dried mango.

Photobucket

There was a sweet baby born recently that I made this blanket for.  I loved how it turned out and also that I finished it in time ;) 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm off to spend some time with this new book


Thanks for the recommendation Be Verdant!xoxo

Wishing you all JOY in this new year and always.

Photobucket

Thanks for hanging around through the dry spell!

No comments:

Post a Comment