search Domestic Dharma

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Red Pepper Deli

Friday I went for a little drive to Costco and thought I'd head over to the Red Pepper Deli in Northville.  I've been wanting to check it out for a while and since I could combine it with a trip to a couple stores it didn't seem like an unnecessary drive.  I first heard about the deli at VegFest last year.  Oh my, I just checked VegMichigan's website and Rory Freedman of Skinny Bitch fame is going to be at this year's VegFest along with John Salley again!!!  Ok, back to Red Pepper.  I ordered the Veggie Roll, because I love collard wraps, a lot =)

It was zucchini, red pepper, cucumber, carrot, romaine, and cashew cheese rolled in a big collard leaf.  It was great, the nut cheese was real yummy and had a nice tang to it. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also enjoyed my first juice ever (you know besides the citrus kind).  I got the Liver Tonic#2, which was dandelion greens, carrot, apple and lemon.  It was soooo good.  It was my little apology to my liver for taking a few Tylenol this last period.  I may have to drag out the beast that is our Champion Juicer.  We bought it about 6 years ago used and have yet to use it. 

Photobucket

I would definitely go back to Red Pepper on occasion since it's not in my town, it reminded my a bit of the Go Raw Cafes in Vegas which I miss (see there are good things about living in Las Vegas ;)  with the vibrant colors and pythos plants. 

Here's me and my juice pulled over while I dug out a gps to find my way back from a wrong turn on the way home ;)  I always seem to take the wrong turn first!

Photobucket

Dinner last night was the Polenta Casserole with Seitan from The Kind Diet.  I had picked up seitan that's made in Michigan from WF.

Photobucket

Photobucket

it was tasty, the package is a pound, so I put half in the freezer for future sandwiches maybe. 

Photobucket

I'm still on a cauliflower kick and the recipe has it mixed in with the corn meal. 

Photobucket

getting assembled with frozen asparagus and corn.

Photobucket

baked.

Photobucket

and dinner is served.

Photobucket

overall it was good, the seitan I dug, the casserole was too lightly seasoned for me, the leftovers I'll have to spice up some.

I've been making greens smoothies with protein recently, I like the taste of the protein powder sometimes.

This is one that my Mom drinks, I got the last serving to use and then I get to go shopping for the refill (which I love, if anyone ever wants me to do their grocery shopping, I'm game ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket

It went into a smoothie of almond milk, blueberries, banana and spinach.

Photobucket

This is a protein powder we've had for a while that I got to mix into my oats, an ispiration from Heather of HEAB. 

Photobucket

It went into a smoothie of spinach, kale, water, a banana, and obviously blueberries ;)

Photobucket

a leftover lunch of the White Bean Pesto Bowl from Get It Ripe.

Photobucket

Have cashews soaking for hopefully a successful dessert creation tonight, still full from Chipotle for lunch that may just be our dinner!  Two meals from Chipotle in three days, check ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment