search Domestic Dharma

Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday, Monday

Back in action from the weekend.  I got to mop our newly finished floor downstairs, pretty exciting!  I haven't taken photos yet...got our base board stained and sealed today...work in progress =) 

We had big bowls of oats from the Kind Diet only we were fresh out of apples so I stirred in a bunch of frozen raspberries and it was sooo good, I've still been thinking about them.  Midnight snack??? maybe

Photobucket

yesterday Dave made us yummy bowls of whole wheat pasta with wilted spinach and olives, his wife was having that special time of month/grouchy pants/not feeling like cooking day ;)'

Photobucket

Feeling great this morning I made some almond butter

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

homemade raw almond butter, it really is delicious!

Photobucket

a little green smoothie action

almond milk, frozen cranberries and banana, spinach, dab of coconut butter, two dates.  Also
today some protein sounded good so in went 2 big Tbsp of brown rice protein.
Photobucket

We had a few avocados hanging around so guacamole making ensued.

Photobucket

and lunch was carrots with guac

Photobucket

and a big glass of GT's Kombucha

Photobucket

I've been having cauliflower on my mind lately (also it was on sale at Whole Foods;)  this morning I was reading Joanna Steven's blog that had a recipe for raw cheese sauce...so it was destined to become dinner

Photobucket

I used 1 cup of cashews instead of 1.5, those buggers aren't cheap!
and added  about a 1/3 of a red pepper (Trader Joe's came thru with organic ones;)
also added some frozen broccoli and very lightly steamed the veggies

Photobucket

Our other part of dinner was one of my favorite go to recipes the Sesame Kale Soba from Jae Steele's Get It Ripe.  It packs a healthy dose of greens and sea vegetables.  I love that Jae is a holistic nutritionist, so not only do her recipes taste great they offer lots of nutrition too.

Photobucket

Hope everyone has a great night, off to watch Heroes...

No comments:

Post a Comment