search Domestic Dharma

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

bags and straws

Today I wanted to share a couple of products that we love in our household.  First are our Plum Creek Mercantile bags.  That's a link to their website, I first found them in their Etsy store.  We have two bulk ones and 4 snack bags which I just remembered I forgot to take a photo of, I will for another post.  We buy our grains, flours, seeds, nuts, coffee, dried fruit, etc. in bulk so each time we reuse one of these bags we are not using a paper or plastic bag/container in the store, even though we recycle them they use energy and materials to produce and recycle.  All you have to do when they need to be washed is turn inside out secure the velcro, I wash them with our kitchen towels.  The bulk bags with the see through window don't go into the dryer.  We've had and regularly use ours for over two years now and they're as good as new. 

Photobucket

I've also used the bulk ones to pack cleaned whole fruits for trips in the car.  The snack bags we use in Dave's lunch for nuts, crunchy snacks, and even a sandwich can fit in the larger one.  I use the snack bags often for taking a cleaned apple with me in my purse or the car.  She has a few different fabrics, ours are organic cotton.  When I contacted the maker last she said they were working to sell at Whole Foods in the future, how cool!

Next are our new glass straws from Glass Dharma.  We ordered some as a gift for my Mom a couple months ago who uses straws all the time.  I also have a friend that publishes a blog here who uses glass straws with her family.  We've had ours a couple weeks now and definately enjoy them and happy with our purchase.

Photobucket

The two taller ones have dots on the sides to prevent them from rolling off a counter, good thnking ;)

Photobucket

I tried a trial size packet of a greens drink mix today.  I blended it with almond milk, fresh banana, and frozen blueberries.  It tasted good and keep me motivated through a cold painting session in the garage this afternoon. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

some guacamole from yesterday with red pepper dippers made a tasty snack this afternoon.

Photobucket


off to stir up some cookies and get dinner rolling.  What's everyone having for dinner tonight?
Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out, man!
    I need the ones with the dots, now! Love them!
    And, as always, LOVE your post<3

    ReplyDelete