search Domestic Dharma

Friday, April 16, 2010

cozy

Good Morning!
I'm pretty excited about this, a cozy for my beloved hot water bottle.  It's not quite finished and it's all wonky colored, but I love it.  I made this first one for myself using up remnant yarn balls, I will be making more for my Etsy store.  How many of you use hot water bottles?  I've had this one for about 6 months (thanks Mom and Dad=) it's a seriously awesome comfort for menstrual cramps. 

Photobucket

Breakfast this morning was overnight soaked chia and oats, recipe here on Oh She Glows.  I used vanilla powder instead of the extract, I am not always finding the alcohol in extract tasty lately. 

Photobucket

Breakfast yesterday was chia gel, vanilla powder, lots of fresh strawberries and almond butter, d'lish!!! 

Photobucket

Our sauerkraut was a success and tasted yummy.  Very tangy and crunchy.  I would like to season with celery seed and dill next batch, that sounds great.  Here's a video I watched yesterday from The Renegade Health Show.  The use of starter culture is interesting, they say it is a more controlled way of getting the real good bacterias and crowding out any bad that may be there. 

Photobucket

Michael Franti is on the radio right now! love, love , love



Yesterday I was out and about during lunch, I like to plan and pack a lunch with me.  I took a salad and my almond balls and water in our much loved Klean Kanteen

Photobucket

Photobucket

When I pack lunch salads I like to place the dressing on the bottom  and then stir when I eat to keep it all fresh and crunchy, although I am not against eating a wilty salad.  Maybe you all do this, but it honestly never occurred to me until we were served salad this way on cold plates at the Macaroni Grill I believe.  I thought it was pretty genious ;)

Photobucket

Here's my fork packed all clean in it's Plum Creek bag and linen napkin.

Photobucket

I'm often scrounging around for small clean containers here (seems like between Dave's lunch and prepped food they're always preoccupied) I often overlook the handiness of a ball jar and lid.  Here's my dessert treat

Photobucket

I made the dessert balls earlier this week and we've been enjoying this yummy treat all week.  Here's my ingredients. 

1/2 c raw almond butter
2 T of coconut flour (3 T may be better next time)
1 scant T of agave
vanilla powder
goji berries
2 t chia seeds
vegan choco chips

Photobucket

and the balls after firming up in the freezer, store in the refrigerator.

Photobucket

other treats here have been this Larabar, it was pretty good.

Photobucket

and this slice of indulgence

Photobucket

I can't believe I ate this whole slice last night...I think I've satiated my sweet tooth for a while now ;)  Please note this is in no way health food I am aware.

Photobucket

ok, now Citizen Cope is on the radio!  What is going on?  I may have to start listening again...2 or 3 years ago I was diligently  annoyingly calling and emailing 107.1 asking them to play Cope, happy to hear him on the airwaves!  I'm also happy that we'll be seeing him next week again =)  I do love this radio station, but had to take a break, there were too many w*l m*rt commercials on there for me. 

alright, back to some food.  Last night's dinner was awesome as it knew it would be coming from Get It Ripe.  We had the Pesto White Bean Bowl.  I used the recipe for pesto from Vegan With a Vengeance going light on the salt. 

Photobucket

layers of quinoa, bok choy and pestoed beans

Photobucket

I'm not good yet about using dried beans (I've only done it once), here's the brand that we like to support.  Eden is a local company to us, they don't line their cans with BPA ( I believe they never did), and the beans are cooked with kombu seaweed for extra nutrients and to improve digestibility of the beans. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Other eats here have been of course green smoothies

Photobucket

whole trade pineapples from WF

Photobucket

big green salads

Photobucket

The absolute simplest and tasty Portobello Soup from Get It Ripe with leftover raw cheddar cheese on Ezekiel bread.

Photobucket

one of our usuals Sesame Kale Soba (from GIR) and Miso-Glazed peas and CarrotsThis was a super duper dinner!

Photobucket


You know what's delicious?  Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Vanilla, becoming the bedtime ritual here.  What's everyone's favorite herbal tea?

1 comment:

  1. wow your eats amaze me
    "Eden is a local company to us, they don't line their cans with BPA ( I believe they never did), and the beans are cooked with kombu seaweed for extra nutrients and to improve digestibility of the beans. "
    i knew that but good to point it out!

    the hot water bottle cover..omg it's beautiful and when i was pregnant, the heating pad or h2o bottle were lifesavers!

    your AB balls w/ coconut flour..just yesterday i posted PB balls w/ coconut flour. great minds think alike except yours are more "healthy" than mine, i.e. chia seeds :)

    ReplyDelete