search Domestic Dharma

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

less in more.

That's my mantra recently as I've been organizing and sorting to donate items that we don't actively use.  How about having closets that are actually more empty than they are full, great feeling!  I'm sure you all use Craigslist, but man is it super, I'm selling our Champion juicer that doesn't get used here to a new owner today, that's a beast we've been storing for a while. 

On a completely different note, I've finished a few crochet projects.  The little afghan throw is going to be for sale in my Etsy store, the hats were gifts for a niece and nephew.  The little slouchy pink hat is still here so I hope it fits her, I think it's going to look super cute!  She likes this one that I wear and I thought I'd see about making one in her size, I go on intuition for my sizing sometimes, we'll see how that works out ;) 

Here's me in my hat and my Momma at McCarran not long before we moved back home =)

Photobucket

here's one in green that went to a friend

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(all these projects were made with organic cotton)

So this weekend I finally got to see Avatar!  And love, love, loved it.  It was gorgeous to watch, a wonderful world for Mr. Cameron to have dreamed up, and a beautiful message of peace and conservation, it was perfect, except they said b*itch twice, I'm not a fan of that, seems so hurtful, but anyways that's a small pick ;)  Mom and Dad were our dates for the movie and I know Mom loves kale chips so I made some for snacking in the movie.  We actually didn't even get to them, I ate a banana and a mandarin instead.  Here they are in the oven on our lowest temp (170 degrees) 

Photobucket

another awesome snack over the weekend was Raw Cheddar Cheese Sauce from goneraw.com with red pepper, celery, zucchini, and veggie chip dippers, yum yum yum, oh and maybe a Bubbie's pickle ;) 

Photobucket

the Vita-Mix about to work it

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

added some to a collard, red pepper, zuchini roll

Photobucket

picked up these sweet potato and carrot chips for hubby's lunch for a change of pace (always looking for new ideas for his lunch), they were on sale at WFs and pretty tasty. 

Photobucket

had some with dinner of Quick Noodles with Miso Lemon Tahini Sauce from Extraveganza.  I added lightly steamed carrots and thawed peas to the brown rice pasta.

Photobucket

We've also been enjoying the Lemon Chickpea Lentil Soup from ED&BV

Photobucket

Soup is crazy affordable to make if you have a well stocked pantry and spice drawer.  Can't wait to make gazpacho when produce starts coming in to the farmer's market this summer. 

Saw this show advertised recently, interested to watch for sure.  I hope it focuses on informational content and keeps the drama level low, but cool that Chef Oliver is trying to bring some attention to our nation's food choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment