search Domestic Dharma

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Raspberry dressing

I finished my homework and cleaning the floors on my day off today!  Yea for being productive, now I can take some time to blog =)  Hope this finds you all well and enjoying some sunshine. 

I ordered a couple of books that I've been wanting.  One of the them is The Cancer Survivor's Guide to Foods That Help You Fight Back.  I think the idea of this book is so great and I wanted to check it out.  We have unfortunately had a few family members and loved ones diagnosed recently.  I haven't gotten too far into it yet, but we have enjoyed a fab dressing recipe so far. 

Photobucket

The Raspberry Salad Dressing on spinach, avocado, and yellow squash. 

Photobucket

I've been eating our raw granola with these little cultured almond milks by amande.  It's sweetened with fruit not sugar, although I could use it a little less sweet.  I've tried all the flavors that our stores carry and love them all, peach and blueberry are my favorite if I had to pick.  You know me, I do also wish it was organic, maybe they'll do that in the future...

Photobucket

and eating more grawnola with fresh almond milk and banana

Photobucket

We finished our stash of dates from the Date People and got a new order in from the co-op.  I think of medjools as the cadillacs of dates and they are very delicious, but man I have a thing for the barhi date!  I'll have to be patient and wait until next season again and just daydream about them in the meantime ;)

Photobucket

apparently the box is usually purchased for store use ;)  They would greatly underestimate my date consumtion, haha.

Photobucket

I was up in East Lansing last week to see a cool osteopathic manipulative doc at MSU (I'm in TMJ/D treatment to hopefully get rid of my tinnitus and then get my bite fixed...if you were curious) I knew there was a co-op in town so I thought it would be the perfect place for lunch.  They don't have prepared foods like ours does though so I ate my banana and headed out.  They have this sweet wooden sign in the front window that I snagged a photo of. 

Photobucket

I'll call on my inner Kris Carr and wish you all a juicy day!  hugs xxxx

Photobucket

(cucumber, granny smiths, celery, wheatgrass, and lemon)  our favorite!  with dinner of GF blueberry pancakes last night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment