search Domestic Dharma

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cat beds

Maggie and Marley have cat beds after 10 and 11 years!  On my wish list last year I had asked for a soft non-toxic, eco-friendly bed for my old man Marley to lay his bones on.  His loving and generous Grandma and pa ordered him this amazing little bed from West Paw Design.  The bed was in the house for four months and not once walked on let alone layed in, so I called and asked if it were possible to try a different shape of bed.  Their customer service is fabulous and it was no problem to try a different bed.  I chose two flat mats for them and they are already kitty approved.

West Paw Design makes wonderful pet products in Montana.  They ship responsibly with no extra packaging and stuff the beds into small boxes. 

Photobucket

These are the two I chose.  They are machine washable too, very important ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mom and Dad had also gotten another bed from Costco so Maggie had one too.  She still spends most of her snoozing time in a reed basket and on our bed...but Marley LOVES the bed from Costco.  It is so funny, it looks like a little cat couch.  I'll share a pic when I have it all cleaned up...it gets hairy!  (<-that's an understatement ;)

I was lucky this week to recieve these gorgeous jars that were my Grandmother's!  I love them so much.

Photobucket

They will get so much use here.  I would be kind of a lot lost without canning jars in my house.

Last night after we got home from work and school we put together this delicious salad for dinner.  Thanks to the current sale at Whole Foods, Sunshine burgers have returned to our house =D

We had julienned kale, sliced fennel, zucchini, raw olives, topped with a BBQ Sunshine burger and pepperjack Daiya.  We dressed the salads with olive oil, coconut vinegar, S&P, and curry powder (thanks Ginger Is The New Pink!)  it's so delicious, I swear we have the same tastebuds ;) 

Photobucket

In between appts today I enjoyed this awesome salad:
chopped bok choy, fennel, zucchini, roasted red pepper, green beans, and cauliflower.  I dressed it with dulse flakes and the same dressing as above, man was it so good!

Photobucket

I think I average about 5 meals a day.  They're not (usually) super huge, but very nutrient dense.  This works for me because I love good food and it keeps my belly happy too as I am a former IBSer.  So a bit after the salad I ate this bowl of Go Raw Live Chocolate Granola with almond milk, almond butter, and an insanely delicious peach. 

Photobucket

Ok, house cleaning is next on the self made honey-do list... I'm sharing the quote of the day from Gaiam's FB:
 “Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go.” ~ Herman Hesse

and an awesome article on Detroit as Growtown!!! here

No comments:

Post a Comment