search Domestic Dharma

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!

Love to all of us, everyone.

Photobucket

In the spirit of Valentine's Day we had a little bit of cacao and red strawberries in our breakfast today on the eve of Valentine's.  We don't really celebrate it any differently here than all the other days, but it's fun to have a bit of a theme! 

Inspired by a post from Girl on Raw I made this breakfast #2

Valentine's Breakfast for Loving with a Healthy Happy Heart
(serves 2 hungry lovers plus a little leftover for tomorrow's bfast, yippee!)

In a bowl combine:

1 cup oats

3 T chia seed
 and set aside
Blend the following ingredients until smooth, pour over your oats and chia and stir well.
2 fresh bananas
4 fresh dates
20 oz unsweetened plain almond milk
bit of vanilla
1 tsp cacao (could definitely use more if you wanted)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Set this aside (stirring occasionally) while you prepare your green juice which is breakfast #1

romaine, cucumber, celery, apple, lemon, ginger

Photobucket

When you're ready for bfast #2 (we usually wait about a 1/2 hour after drinking our juice, plus I have to clean up the juicer and stuff ;)

portion the oat mixture into bowls and top with sliced strawberries, a few straggler blueberries, and crushed raw walnuts

Photobucket

This was seriously a cinch to make and was so delicious.  I wouldn't kid you!  I think something about it tasted like marshmallow to which Dave replied 'When is the last time you have had a marshmallow?'  so I take it he didn't think it did, and my answer was a long time, years, I don't even remember, they're so gross....anyway I do think it did remind me of marshmallow, the herb/flower/root.  Have you smelled it?  heavenly.

So good, I think you should try this =D

Photobucket

While I was up preparing breakfast these two babies who've had my heart for going on 12 years were enjoying a morning still in bed with the sun shining in (yes, it's amazing we've had two consecutive days of sun here in the winter!)  on them. 

Photobucket

As for Maggie's headshot she apparently struck her best vampire pose...

Photobucket

and with her fangs in.

Photobucket

and my Marley cat, who I may or may not have been wearing in a blanket sling.  ;)

Photobucket

please don't judge ;)  he likes it!

I've been super excited that Maggie has been enjoying their wheatgrass

Photobucket

crunch, crunch, crunch.  mmmm, chlorophyll

Photobucket

Wishing you all a fabulous day and extending my love to you, hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment