search Domestic Dharma

Friday, May 14, 2010

Daiya

This week I found Daiya at our WF, I was so excited to try it that I got both styles, mozzarella and cheddar. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We tried the cheddar out in grilled cheeses last night.  Low and behold it does melt and stretch! 

Photobucket

Photobucket

So my official  review ;)  is that I really liked it, there were numerous times last night that I declared how nice it was to eat a grilled cheese without any guilt!  This is the best part, it was approved and liked by the husband, yea!  There are two non-vegan items still bought in our house, one is organic or rSBT free cheese (for Dave) and local raw bee products.  If this can replace the cheese or at least some of it, I will be so happy.  Now I realize this isn't really a nutrient packed food, but I feel good about being able to have a grilled cheese occassionally with the ingredients that it's made with.  The next test will be making nachos and see if Dave likes those as well...The bread we've been using lately is the 7 sprouted grain from Food for Life.  We both like it quite a bit better than the ezekiel.

The rest of dinner was a salad with a quick stirred up dressing and a marinated and lightly grilled portobello.  I used Gena's marinade from her Surf n' Turf.

Photobucket

'quick stirred-up dressing'

dijon mustard
coconut vinegar
maple syrup
olive oil
celtic sea salt
fresh pepper

add amounts to your taste, stir, and enjoy. 

Photobucket

the coconut vinegar

Photobucket

Here's an infamous Tyrah pms snack ;)  I think I'll put the grilled cheese in this category too.

Photobucket

More loot from the grocery using our great coupons that I won from Turtle Mountain and HeatherEatsAlmondButter!

Photobucket

and lest you think I've been skimping on our greens...

Photobucket

Enjoy your wonderful day!!!

'There must be peace in the heart,
      If there is to be peace in the home.
There must be peace in the home,
     If there is to be peace between neighbors.
There must be peace between neighbors,
     If there is to be peace in the cities.
There must be peace in the cities,
     If there is to be peace in the nations.
There must be peace in the nations,
     If there is to be peace in the world.'
                                           ~Lao-Tse

2 comments:

  1. Daiya is awesome! :) That grilled cheese looks perfect!

    I've been trying to find coconut aminos, where did you order from? The site online doesn't let me order..

    Love your PMS snack, that would be my all the time snack! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Vegan natural flavors'...any ideas? You're killing me with the nut butter and chocolate:)
    Enjoy YOUR wonderful day! <3

    ReplyDelete