search Domestic Dharma

Thursday, November 3, 2011

raw tortilla chips!

I was so excited to finally make these raw corn tortilla chips from Everyday Raw.  I won this book last year and have yet to make any of the recipes in it, but I knew when I first looked through it that the tortillas were what I wanted to try first.  So finally it was time...after I was fearful hubby was going to turn into a corn chip from eating so many (we usually have the Kirkland organic ones, which are yummy and fried), but I wanted him to snack freely on something he loves so much, he eats them plain, blech!, maybe I could make it a bit quite a bit healthier for him, and being reinspired after lunching with a girlfriend at Red Pepper Deli where we had their raw chips with avocado and pico. 

Photobucket

frozen, thawed organic corn, onion, spices, water

Photobucket

stirring it all together with the flax meal

Photobucket

2 or 3 days later ;)  I am still becoming proficient with spreading chips really thin on the dehydrator sheets so I let them dry extra until they were nice and crispy.  I dried 30 mins. then scored into chips, then dried maybe 24 hours, moved to mesh trays to finish to our crunchy desires.  We both really like them (and these I can eat plain!) lots of flavor and good crunch.  Have you all made raw corn chips? 

Photobucket

A couple nights ago I made (along with our staple big salads) these quinoa and bean sloppy joes that a friend posted the recipe link for on Facebook.  I really like making these, they are a good protein meal, easy and quick, and sometimes it's fun to eat a sandwich, something we don't make much of here.  Here's the recipe link.    They make great leftovers too inside romaine leaves for lunches.  We sadly didn't have any ripe red peppers this time so I used extra toms, and made tom sauce out of opened paste and water, and used our favorite bean the aduki/adzuki bean instead of pinto.  We like to top them with relish and yelllow mustard on a Rudi's wheat bun.  So good and comforting, especially when it gets chilly here!

Photobucket

Now that I have gRawnola made my mornings have consisted of this at some point.  Cultured almond milk and granola.  yum, yum, yum!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I am pretty excited to try the new Greek style coconut milk yogurts when I find them!

We have a new coffee mug that we are digging by Klean Kanteen.  We got the insulated 16 oz mug and the cafe top.  The cafe top comes apart for thorough cleaning, is BPA free, however it is not leakproof.  We've only had it a few days, so I have yet to use it myself, but hubby loves it, washing it is a breeze, and now I have two to rotate sending to work with him since two of our other SS insulted mugs have been left other places :/ 

Photobucket

Photobucket

We ordered from REI since our local stores don't seem to stock them and I had a gift certificate as part of a massage tip=)  Did you know they'll ship to your local store for free?  cool deal right? one of the many things we love about REI.  Also, while I was there picking up our mug I saw that they had Pure bars.  I picked up my favorite blueberry and the cranberry orange to try.  Trader Joe's here always has just the same two flavors that happen to not be my favs. 

Photobucket

and for the photos from days past...

we have delicious wheatgrass with half a haircut

Photobucket

and Maggie protecting hers ;)

Photobucket

Hope the sun is shining where you are today, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment