search Domestic Dharma

Friday, October 8, 2010

Spirulina Frozen Fruit Cream

Last night we had the most delicious, energizing, feel good dessert.  I have a raw foodie friend in school (how exciting!) and she let me borrow her Raw Energy.  Last night the Strawberry-Citrus Frozen Fruit Cream sounded great and it was!  I added some spirulina and subbed sunflower seed butter for raw almond butter (I have none ready...need to make a batch), and instead of citrus juice I just used a whole peeled large orange. We both loved it.  

Photobucket

I had some leftover crust from making a raw cheesecake so we sprinkled that and some bee pollen on top.

Photobucket

leftover crust of almonds, dates, vanilla, and salt

Photobucket

yummy yummy sunflower seed butter.  Does that raccoon crack you up or what?  I think if he were spreading seed butter on his bread he'd probably just use his hands.

Photobucket

We had a family wedding this weekend where we got to stay overnight in a hotel, I love that =)  king size bed and everything!  Here's us hanging out between the wedding and reception, we were at a bar where I enjoyed lemon water and big cucumber slices, I'm a party animal, haha!

Photobucket

I did not go hungry though, I finally made Averie's Spicy Doritos Cheesy Dip.  It was the perfect dip to take along, I loved it and so did my parents.  I did swap the amounts of hemp and sunflower seeds around and added some extra water.  I just love raw dips!

Photobucket

Here's most of my snacks that I took along, raw veggies, flax crackers, dip, and a mashed avocado with celtic sea salt.  I also made a sweet green date shake in case I had a sweet craving after seeing all the wedding cake.  I got through cake time no problem though and enjoyed the shake on the ride home the next day.  The bride and groom were also kind enough to have a veg meal for me, it was really nice of them!  At the wedding I ate lots of raw veggie appetizers, salad, and some nice pasta with spicy marinara sauce. 

Photobucket

It's so nice for travelling with your own food when you have a refrigerator in the room! 

Marley is telling me it's time for his 'vitamin' and I have some studying to do for our workshop this weekend, wishing you all a wonderful night, hugs.

I'll sign off with this Mary Oliver poem I read on Yoga Addicted.

Wild Geese

by Mary Oliver


You do not have to be good.


You do not have to walk on your knees
for a hundred miles through the desert repenting.


You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.


Tell me about despair, yours, and I will tell you mine.


Meanwhile the world goes on.


Meanwhile the sun and the clear pebbles of the rain
are moving across the landscapes,
over the prairies and the deep trees,
the mountains and the rivers.

Meanwhile the wild geese, high in the clean blue air,
are heading home again.

Whoever you are, no matter how lonely,
the world offers itself to your imagination,
calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting —
over and over announcing your place
in the family of things.

6 comments:

  1. OMG, that raccoon does crack me up. It reminds me of the raccoons that sometimes hang out at my inlaws house. My silly father-in-law has befriended them (seriously) and feeds them. He even picks up an extra loaf of bread each week at the grocery store to make sure the raccoons don't go hungry. I wonder if they'd like that spread. Ha ha :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me hungry, once again!
    The poem, just beautiful<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhh, Mary Oliver is one of my faves. Thank you for that nice surprise.

    LOVE the bee pollen (magic!) sprinkles on top.

    You know, I think this is actually the first time I've seen this book. 124 recipes...hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOOOVE making "ice cream" in my blender. Also love raw pie crusts - what a great idea to use it as topping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just found that Marley is your cat :) We ended up naming our new dog Marley because he looks like Bob Marley and is so laid back

    ReplyDelete