search Domestic Dharma

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Holiday!

Hope everyone is having a great Thursday so far!  I got up and first thing this morning I took our sweet potato chips out of the dehydrator.  I'm sure this will wear off, but I have dreams about the dehydrator, what to make next, etc. ;)  I washed off the screens and mixed up a batch of minty macaroons.  Having something minty in the dehydrator sure makes the kichen smell yummy! 
We have a few family gatherings over the long weekend that we're looking forward to, it's so nice to catch up with everyone.  Today we're making raw squash salad and I made thumbprint cookies this morning.  I'm planning to write a little later about the recipes we used, I just wanted to post and wish everyone a happy holiday =) 

A couple of items that have been on my mind recently, one of them is this video from Farm Sanctuary.



and the other is by Kris Carr from the Crazy Sexy Life newsletter:

..."We hope you have a magical ThanksLiving inside and out. Remember, just because everyone else gets glutonous on "T" day doesn't mean you need to join in the anarchy. Load your plate with veggies. Jam on peace and respect your buddhaful belly. "    I Love that!  Have a buddhaful day =D