search Domestic Dharma

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Traverse City

ok, so moving on to the rest of our little trip, we stopped in Elk Rapids to walk around an antique store, watched lots of bikers finishing a ride around Torch Lake (I saw a triple bike, crazy cool), and stopped at some road side stands that sold homemade fruit pies that Mom bought for her parents,  and finally in Traverse City on the way home.  My memory of Traverse City is completely inaccurate or it has changed a lot, could be both ;)  Anyway, I found Oryana on HappyCow and after reading the reviews knew we had to stop in!  I ended up finding the preferred cat food in our house with a great price, shelves of Naturally Nutty, and some local laundry soap, don't you love co-ops?!

Photobucket

I've seen this around our area, but had yet to try it.  I got the lavender and loved it, going to try and make our own soon, I already have the giant bag of baking soda (from no-pooing; update on that in the near future too) and a box of Borax, with a little inspiration from Heather, I'm all set! 

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was the stock of Naturally Nutty in TC (where it's made), awesome!

Photobucket

and here's the shelf from the co-op in Petoskey!

Photobucket

I picked out two.  A new one and one that I love and adore.

Photobucket

Am I nutty for nut butter??? All signs point to yes.

While at Oryana's Lake Street Cafe I noticed they had these fancy dual flushers in the pottys ;)  Just like our new toilet, sorry but you knew I had to take a picture, I get excited about these things.


Photobucket

ok, back out of the bathroom... for lunch I enjoyed a wrap with hummus, lots of veggies and sprouts and a soy yogurt. 

Photobucket

I had forgotten a  couple of eats from Petoskey.  We stopped into Roast & Toast for bfast where they had a yummy oatmeal bar with soy milk available, pecans and lots of dried fruit (we were in NW Michigan after all!). 

Photobucket

and this Donald Fagen vegan bar from Grain Train.  I brought the label with ingredients home so I can try to make a raw one like it.  This was so so yummy!  It looks weird but it was oats, coconut, PB, choc chips, maple syrup, wheat germ, walnuts, and some other things...

Photobucket

Before leaving town we stocked up on food for the drive.  I got a cup of veggie chili (is it me or do co-ops make the best soups?), a SWP decaf almond latte ( I think I just wanted to order a latte with almond milk ;), some peanut rice noodles, and refilled my kanteen. 

Photobucket

on the way out we finally found Higher Grounds, they're local roasters of organic fair trade coffees, and were not open, but I got to admire the cafe thru the door...cool things that the sign read was homemade organic almond flavoring and you can have your coffee made in a chemex!  Just like we do here.  I still really enjoy checking out coffee shops even though I don't do caffeine anymore. 

Photobucket

awesome bike delivery service

Photobucket

That wraps up our trip this year, we have our sights set on a yoga retreat for next year's Mother's Day celebration!  =)

1 comment:

  1. Roast and Toast - loved that place, and I can't get over the Naturally Nutty selection at Oryana. I will so be going there! :) Thanks again for sending me the link to this post. Cant' wait to go to Traverse City. :)

    ReplyDelete