search Domestic Dharma

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Mat Kearney in A2!

This week hubby and I went on a date to our third Mat Kearney show.  He's on the road doing an accoustic set and MI was his second stop.  He and Tyler played music and horsed around on stage and it was one of the MOST enjoyable shows we've seen.  He is really so talented and witty and comical.  This our fist time to the Ark and it was a sit down show, I took my shoes off, folded up my legs sat back and sang along, it was fun! 

Sold out of course!

Photobucket

Photobucket

showing off my sweet photo skills with the PNS ;)

Photobucket

A cool bonus to seeing the accoustic tour is that he does play a couple of new songs and had them put on a record, we couldn't resist and will now have to dig out the record player in my parent's basement.  Thankful that I hadn't given that away too with all my vinyl to a friend last year!

Photobucket

After the show we went across the street to check out the Jolly Pumpkin ( I had remembered reading a bit of a veggie review of the menu) for a beer and a bite to eat. 

Photobucket

We shared the vegan chocolate cake with coconut milk ice cream and boy was it delicious and just the right size too.  My taste buds say the ice cream was for sure So Delicious

Photobucket

Look who we ran into after dinner!  What a super ending to a great evening, we were pretty geeked!!!

Photobucket

Not sure of a good segway to this, but while I had our countertop all cleared off to give it it's maintenance waxing I took some photos.  These are cabinets that we added to our kitchen (we also took out a bit of wall and my FIL made us a nice bartop above to open the kitchen up)  so we had a decision to make about new countertop.  If anyone is questioning our patience let me tell you that these cabinets stood with no top at all for over 12 months while we searched for the countertop we wanted and could afford =)  What I started out shopping for was this bad stuff :  Vetrazzo ( I learned of it when watching Ed Begley replace his on Living with Ed), but holy crap was it too expensive, part of the expense was that it wasn't readily available in small pieces and locally...back to the drawing board.  Lots of time and a contractor or two coming to the house we ended up with the info for Origins Concrete.  I was able to visit their display in IKEA and the studio in Detroit to formulate our counter design.  It's an L shape with an inlayed towel bar (I saw the idea for this on the Concrete Network)  made of one piece of concrete with some exposed aggregate at the corners.  All in all it worked out that we supported a local artist and got a custom countertop that will be the workspace for many meals. 

Photobucket

We had originally wanted to put repurposed glass in, but decided with this and it turned out so great for our space, kinda even matches the walls ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hope that wasn't too random, but I get pretty excited about our home stuff ;) 

Yesterday I watched this video by Sergei Boutenko making green smoothies and was reinspired to keep them simple. 



this morning's Bfast smoothie was RO water, fresh banana, valencia orange, strawberries (greens included), spinach, and parsley (all organic)  It was really refreshing and delish, I had gotten into a habit of adding nut butter and dates to each one and this was such a good reminder to keep it simple.

Photobucket

Anyone watched No Impact Man?  I borrowed it from the library and watched today, that was a good reminder too, to keep up the good work and to ask myself what can I do more...No Impact Man



Off to try and freestyle some lentil soup, why does that sound good on a hot humid day, I do not know, but it does!  Enjoy your day loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment