search Domestic Dharma

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

holy busy summer!

There's a great contest going on at the blog (which is a really wonderful blog to read whether you practice yoga or not), Nikki is so insightful and a SUPER yoga teacher!  Live.Love.Yoga blog  Here's the Yoga Graffiti contest link, the deadline has been extended until tonight...so if you've been out tagging, donate and enter!  Here's a couple of mine that I did not enter, Mom and I were having fun with the tree that they lost in one of the tornado storms in their woods.  I have just returned to the mat from a too long hiatus (no reason....ugh)  and am getting back into my practice and loving it more than ever.  My poses are evolving so please don't judge (there is no judging in yoga anyway =) 

flying my crow on the tree ;)

Photobucket

my wheel

Photobucket

So I'm sure many of you know the whole deal with Whole Foods and some distributors removing kombucha until a labeling issue has been sorted out.  If you haven't heard the official scoop, you can read it here.  I did a little stocking up before the co-op was sold out ;) 

Photobucket

I remembered to make it to the farmer's market today before they closed, I was really wanting some delicious local (organic of course) toms and I got some, along with a wee little cabbage and garlic (all organic)  I tasted some delicious kimchi and fermented turnips from the Brinery, they both were really great, but I didn't have enough money, maybe next time. 

Photobucket

We've had many family functions here lately and one of the first ones was on Father's Day I made the carrot cake cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.  I've had the soy yogurt leftover from the recipe and decided to mix in some chia at night and eat as a pudding in the morning, oh boy was this yummy!  I haven't had soy yogurt in a very long time, it tasted good if a little too sweet maybe.  Anyway this was a good way to use it up, waste not want not, right?

Photobucket

on the same topic we had some sauce left over from making a big family dinner last week so we used it tonight over vegan artichoke and olive ravioli

Photobucket

with salads of greens and herbs from our garden.  Basil is really delicious julienned in your salad along with the most delicious avocado, one day I may just turn into one, haha!  These greens are an heirloom mix of romaine and butter and oh man is it good like my favorite green of the moment!  I'll have to look up the seed packet to find out the actual variety (I'm kinda tuckered out and in bed making this post, hubby sleeping, fireworks popping outside, and two cats purring away =)

Photobucket

I've been in a dressing rut lately and making the same one over and over, hubby says it's ok because it's really good ;)  I've just been whipping up Udo's oil, coconut vinegar, maply, dijon mustard, s+p, and nooch.  So quick and yummy.

Photobucket

We love to eat dinner alfresco in the summer and this is the sky we ate under tonight.  Gorgeous Simpson's clouds.

Photobucket

I'll leave you with the craving that I keep indulging in daiya and brown rice quesadillas (dear Food For LIfe, please start making these organic =)   I am loving this daiya! 

Photobucket

ok, time to give Marley his medicine (he's going to be so excited;)  Night nite all and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your yoga poses! Crow on a log!?? you are amazing!! Very few ppl can do that! Most ppl cant do crow on the ground, let alone a curved surface. Love backbending..such a beautiful openness and lightness from opening the heart center!

    And kombucha! I have been posting all week about making my own! It's pretty easy so far! I am a week into it. I decided to get into it litearlly the day the big announcement to pull it was made...YAY! That just pushed me over the edge.

    love the udo's oil/nooch dressing...yum!

    ReplyDelete